How we use your medical records
Important information for all our patients
- This practice handles personnel records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share identifiable information with those who are legally required to hold the information for the purposes of employment or are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- The Practice may collect, hold and share information about you in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to plan and manage services, check that care is being provided and prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
For more information ask to see the Practice Manager OR visit our website www.bramblehaiessurgery.co.uk
Our appointed compliance officer in respect of our data protection activities is:
Bex Lovewell, Data Protection Officer
Sentinel Healthcare South West
Tel: 07375 322875